Doctor Referrals through VisionRefer
VisionRefer is a secure, HIPPA compliant patient referral system designed to facilitate and encourage eye care professionals to refer patients to accredited vision rehabilitation specialists such as ABVI. A doctor’s office enters a patient’s basic contact information, including name, address, phone number, email and birthday, as well as any other pertinent documentation into the web-based referral form. Once the form is received, an ABVI staff member will contact the patient within 3 business days to discuss their individual needs and what services may help maintain or increase their independence.
How to Refer?
- Visit www.VisionRefer.org to register your practice.
- Enter the patient’s information and upload ABVI’s doctor’s form and any other records pertaining to the patient’s vision loss.
- ABVI will take it from there! We will call the client within 3 days to discuss services. Your office will be able to see real-time where we are in the scheduling process.
Who to Refer?
Patients over the age of 18 who have one of the following diagnoses:
- Legally Blind with a visual acuity of 20/200 or worse in the best seeing eye.
- Visually Impaired with a visual acuity of 20/70 with corrective lenses.
- A progressive eye condition that is leading to vision loss.
Why refer through VisionRefer?
- It allows the referring doctor to ensure the referral has been made properly.
- It speeds up the process for the patient so that they can begin receiving vision rehabilitation faster.
- The doctor can track their patient’s status and progress through the system.
- All referrals are free.